4.26.2010

Experiments with type

We had a lazy, rainy Sunday here yesterday. It was nice to have nothing to do and just hang around the house - no pressure to work on the garden, either.

I've been thinking of having art classes here in my backyard (or inside if the weather doesn't cooperate) over the summer. I posted about it on Facebook last week and got a pretty good response. I think I'd do two sessions (if there's enough interest) - one for 5-7 year-olds and one for 3-4 year-olds with a grown-up.


I've been compiling a list of potential projects for the older group. Yesterday Malayna and I played around with the lightbox and some big type. I printed the alphabet on paper from the computer and we traced words over the lightbox. Then we colored in the letters with different colors and designs. Malayna loved it - kept asking to trace over and over again. The project would have to be more involved if it were part of the summer art class, but it's a good starting point.

No comments: