These yummy chews are so easy to make and are only 100 calories each! I bought most of the ingredients at Trader Joe's. The only thing they did not have was organic brown rice syrup, but your location may have it.
I got the recipe from Julie, owner of the Bryn Athyn Workout Studio. She hosted a Food Rules Challenge class at the Studio, and gave us lots of good-for-you recipes. She also has a blog called Work It!, where she writes about healthy eating and fitness. Check it out!
5 Minute, 5 Ingredient, No-Bake Almond Butter Chews
• 1/4 cup chunky all natural almond butter (or any nut butter)
• 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
• 1 cup rice crisp cereal
• 3 tbsp organic brown rice syrup (honey may work)
• 1 tbsp cocoa nibs (or chopped real dark chocolate 70% or more)
1. Line plate with parchment paper (I used wax paper).
2. In a medium bowl, stir together the almond butter, brown rice syrup and vanilla.
3. Microwave on high 35-45 seconds.
4. Stir well and immediately add in rice cereal and cocoa nibs.
5. Stir well until mixed.
6. Wet hands and shape into golf balls (I made them rectangles instead).
7. Store in freezer for five minutes to set.
Makes about 7-8 chews.
These were a big hit with Malayna and her friend today! They each ate one and were begging for more. Enjoy!