10.09.2009

Surrounded by creativity



Rutgers-Camden in New Jersey is hosting an exhibition called “A Complex Weave: Women and Identity in Contemporary Art” through December 18. I'm heading over there today with a friend for the symposium “Women and Identity in Contemporary Art.” There will be a keynote speaker, and  presentations by some of the exhibiting artists. I love stuff like this - an exhibition featuring women, talking about women and featuring a wide variety of art. I expect to be inspired - one of the perks of seeing art and being surrounded by other artists.

Speaking of being inspired, I started a new job yesterday at a friend's clay studio, and it was great! We cleaned up, organized and got the studio ready for Philadelphia Open Studio Tours (POST), which is happening this weekend. Oh, and I also got to cuddle her new puppy - a nice little bonus! Next week I'll probably be getting my hands dirty, helping her to create some clay tiles that she'll use in a big project. What a great job, right? We also have a lot in common, so it's nice to be able to talk about all that while we're working. Did I mention the puppy?

No comments: