11.06.2009

I'm sleepy…




 


Lola's here! I picked her up from her foster parent's house yesterday. It was a long ride - about an hour or so. She howled and cried for the first five minutes in the car, but then calmed down and fell asleep for the rest of the ride. I borrowed a travel crate for the occasion and I'm so glad I did (thanks, Tonja!). I picked her up by myself, so it would've been nearly impossible to make that trip without a crate.

We came home to Malayna and mom-mom waiting for us. Malayna was so excited to see her. She's a little wary of her, since Lola has tons of energy and likes to gives lots of kisses. She nipped Malayna's toes a few times, and after that Malayna decided she wanted to color and take a break from Lola.

After Malayna went to bed and Jimmy went to play basketball, Lola and I snuggled on the couch. We wound up sleeping in the living room because I was afraid Lola's crying would wake Malayna. I put the crate beside the couch, and Lola woke me every two hours with a little whimper. I would take her out, praise her when she was done, bring her back inside and back into the crate. She did much better than I expected (no crying and whining during the night), but I'm tired! She woke me at 12, 2 and 4 am. Tonight we're going to put her in the bedroom with us (in her crate), and see how she does.

She's got the sweetest personality and is very affectionate. Malayna sat beside her crate this morning while she watched a video and seemed much more happy with Lola. We took her to the schoolyard with us so all her little friends could meet her. I'll be taking her with me when I pick her up, too.

Wish us luck tonight!

2 comments:

Jan said...

I want to reach through the screen and play with her - she's so cute!!! Nothing makes me happier than a puppy sleeping on Daisy Janie fabric!! :)

lisa {milkshake} said...

That's right! I totally forgot that was Daisy Janie fabric. I think I'll need more soon - she really likes it ;)