3.23.2009

Happy Monday!

Hello all! I'm home today with a feverish child. I had lots of things planned to do today since Malayna was supposed to be in school, but it looks like I won't get my kid-free two hours today. Hopefully I'll get at least a few things done since I think she'll be watching lots of videos today.

On Saturday I went to the Fabric Workshop and Museum with Jan and her sister. We had a tour of the facility and a short silkscreening workshop. I played around with a flower shape I created - printed on some fabric and a t-shirt for Malayna. I had such a good time that when I got home I searched for a silkscreening class in this area. I feel the itch to take a class again - before Malayna was born I took lots of classes like mosaics, wheel-throwing and hand-building clay, bookbinding and papermaking. I miss being around creative people!

Yesterday was a beautiful day, with lots of sunshine and the temperature around 65. We still have some repair work to do since the tree fell last year, so I took advantage of the nice weather and did some house painting. We have a piece of wood under the gutter on the porch that needed to be painted, and every time I drive up to the house I would notice it and think, "I have to get that painted!" It required a balancing act on the ladder, but it's now finished. One small thing to cross off the list!

Have a happy Monday!

1 comment:

Jan said...

I had a lot of fun, too! What can we do next??? Did Malayna like her shirt?