3.06.2008

20 years

{Senior prom, 1988.
We were stylin', weren't we?}


20 years ago yesterday Jimmy and I met at a birthday party for a mutual friend. I went with a bunch of girlfriends, some of us hoping to meet someone to take to our upcoming prom. After a while I realized that a friend of mine from grade school was there, too. He and I met in kindergarten and had many playdates together until he moved away in sixth grade. He introduced me to his group of friends, one of whom was Jimmy. Seven years later that friend was the best man in our wedding.

We went to my senior prom together two months after the party, spent a lot of the summer together in Wildwood, NJ {there's music on that site}, and visited each other in college for the next four years. Three years after graduating from college we got married.

Happy anniversary, Jimmy!

4 comments:

paula :: plays with mud said...

20 years!! That's awesome - I hope you guys have a great anniversary!!

lisa {milkshake} said...

Thanks, Paula!

Anonymous said...

That picture rivals my prom photo ... remind me to show you sometime! You will laugh your a** off! ;)
[k]

KB said...

Ha! That dress! So 80s! Happy Anniversary!