5.13.2008

A letter to my girl

Dear Malayna,

Good morning! It's wonderful that you love the new alphabet print daddy and I hung in your room the other day. You really like reciting the alphabet over and over while pointing to the letters. You sound so excited! You've known your alphabet for a long time now, so I hardly take notice when you sing the alphabet song these days.

But, hey! Way to get my attention this morning! At 5:30 am. Reading the alphabet. In your loudest voice. Over and over. And over.

Are you too young to learn how to tell time? Since I make clocks it seems to make sense that you should be able to read them. Lesson one: Do not speak above a whisper before the big hand is on the twelve and the little hand is on the seven. That's 7:00. No, that's not unreasonable. Do you know that before you came along daddy and I would sleep until 10:00 sometimes?

It's now 8:30, which means we've been up for 3 hours already. Would taking an actual NAP today {including closing your eyes and not talking} be too much to ask?

Love,
Mommy

PS: Daddy and I were married 13 years ago today. Our ceremony started at 6:30 PM because WE'RE NOT MORNING PEOPLE.

9 comments:

Jan said...

Laughed out loud reading this! Happy Anniversary!!

Anonymous said...

That's very funny. Just this morning, I had to wake Ellie (at 8:00!) and reminded her that when she was a baby, she got up every single day at 4:55 a.m. with a big smile. (And that meant she was done with morning nap by 8 a.m.!!)

She said, "oh, that sounds bad. I'd rather sleep late now!" [k]

Anonymous said...

That's very funny. Just this morning, I had to wake Ellie (at 8:00!) and reminded her that when she was a baby, she got up every single day at 4:55 a.m. with a big smile. (And that meant she was done with morning nap by 8 a.m.!!)

She said, "oh, that sounds bad. I'd rather sleep late now!" [k]

Nikki said...

Very cute! :)

Happy Anniversary! Hopefully she'll nap this afternoon and you can nap too!

I'm not an "AM"er either - I do get up early, but I'm not a fan.

Jules said...

Hah! :)

Nico got up at 3:30am yesterday, and 5:00am today and both times wouldn't go back to sleep. Good times. Really good times.

Not.

Iguana Banana said...

Happy Anniversary! And hooray to alphabet reader!
Ahna @ Iguana Banana

Anonymous said...

Hah, too funny. Happy Anniversary!

paula :: plays with mud said...

Happy Anniversary - hope it (was) awesome!

KB said...

Happy Anniversary! Hope you can get a little quiet alone time!