8.25.2008

Yummy recipe

Happy Monday! We had a fun and productive weekend {those two things don't always go together, ya know}. On Saturday we played in the yard and then my mom watched Malayna on Sunday so Jimmy and I could finish up some home projects. He cut the baseboards and trim for our new kitchen floor and I weeded, painted and moved some plants around. It felt so good to be outside ALL DAY and not have to worry about Malayna. Thank you, mom!

Here's a yummy summer recipe for you to enjoy. Remember when I tried to be a vegetarian for about six months? I asked around for some vegetarian recipes, and my friend Kerry sent me some great ones. This recipe involves a lot of chopping, but no cooking. Enjoy!


Texas Black-Eyed Pea Salad
Makes 6 servings (yield 6 cups)

1(15-ounce) can black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
6 scallions, chopped
3 plum tomatoes, chopped
2 celery stalks, chopped
1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
1 teaspoon grated lime zest
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
2 tablespoons canola oil
2 teaspoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
12 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper

Combine ingredients in a large bowl; mix well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It'sstill my favorite summer salad! [k]