8.24.2007

furry brother


Who needs a {human} sibling when your furry brother plays tea party with you? This brother doesn't even complain! He'll pretty much go along with anything, as long as there's a treat for him afterwards. {This time it was Cheerios.}



For dinner last night, I made stuffed peppers. Those of you who know me well are probably either laughing or in shock that I actually cooked. Cooking is not one of my favorite things to do. It seems that something always goes wrong with the meal - either it doesn't turn out like I expected, or it takes too long to prepare, or Malayna wants me to hold her while I'm stirring hot things on the stove. Plus, women are still expected to cook and that alone makes me not want to do it.

Unlike my husband {who is a great cook}, I cannot just whip something up - I must follow a recipe. Not to mention the fact that I recently stopped eating meat. I haven't eaten red meat or pork for about 10 years and now I don't even eat chicken or turkey. Being a picky eater, that really limits my choices! {I would love some vegetarian recipes if you have some!}

Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Galadriel Thompson said...

Hi there! Thanks so much for coming on over to I Hate Laundry and for your kind words. I love that picture of your daughter with her furry brother!
I have two very favorite veggie recipes. One involves eggs the other lentils. If your interested let me know: )
Love you work.

yours truly said...

Just found you on the blog ring and enjoyed reading about your budding business and journey in mom-dom! Your daughter is lovely! I hate to cook too! ;)

lisa {milkshake} said...

I would love some recipes! It would save us from ordering pizza again :)

paula :: plays with mud said...

the peppers look so yummy! you and i sound so much alike in the kitchen!! :-)