2.07.2008

A good first day

Yesterday was a good first day at my new job. I didn't get nervous until I got to the shop, and then I thought, "what am I doing?! I haven't worked anywhere besides my home in four years!"

But when I got inside and met everyone I felt better. There were two other people working there plus me, and it was so great to talk to someone other than a four-year-old! Granted, I did talk about Malayna a bit, but she wasn't there beside me, attached to my leg and interrupting my conversation.

I saw so many beautiful things - stationery, little notebooks, invitations... It inspired me and made me want to come home and sketch some new designs. I didn't, though - by the time I got home it was dinnertime {pizza} and Malayna was excited to see me. She had a great time at mom-mom's house {of course!}, and didn't even seem to notice that I wasn't there when she got home. I think Luco was wondering where I was all day, though. He was even more excited than Malayna was when I got home. He stuck his nose in my bag as if to say, "where have you been? Did you see any other dogs?!"

I'm looking forward to going back tomorrow!

2 comments:

Jan said...

Yay! Glad your first day went well and that it's in the can! Great to find some inspiration, too. Sometimes I forget there's a whole "real" world out there of amazing things to touch and see! I get stuck in virtual beauty too much.

Glad, too, that Malayna had a great day!

lisa {milkshake} said...

Yes, I also forget about the "real" world sometimes. It's easy to get caught up in your own business and the internet (while still in your pjs!).

Thanks!