2.18.2008

I've been tagged

I've been tagged by Jan of Daisy Janie to post seven things about myself. Here goes!

1. My husband {Jimmy} and I have known each other for almost 20 years. We met in 1988 - senior year of high school. We went to the prom together, dated through college and were married seven years after we met.

2. I have one younger brother {David} and an aunt {Michele} who is 5 years older than me. Michele lived with us from the time she was 13, and she and I shared a very tiny bedroom. I wasn't very nice to Michele in my teen years, and even though I've apologized to her for that, I still feel guilty. {Sorry, Michele! Don't worry, though, I think karma is working in the form of my daughter.}

3. I spent 8 years of my life in same-sex schools. My high school {Nazareth Academy} is all female, as well as my college - Moore College of Art and Design. I'm grateful for both experiences - I was able to concentrate on learning instead of worrying about boys. My college, especially, was extremely supportive and such a different experience from my private, Catholic high school. {I will not send my daughter to a Catholic school.}

4. Jimmy and I spent 5 years raising someone else's children.

5. I was born and raised in a row home in Kensington. It has a bad reputation, but I had such a sheltered upbringing that it didn't really matter to me. When I was growing up, Kensington was one of those neighborhoods where everyone knew everyone else's business. You couldn't do anything wrong because of of the neighbors would tell your parents. I've got lots of interesting stories about growing up in Kensington.

6. I like bad TV. Shows like Intervention, Cops and Celebrity Rehab are some of my favorites. I think it has to do with being raised in Kensington.

7. My parents have known each other since they were 16 and 18 {right, mom?}. I used to make fun of them for marrying someone they had known since high school. Oops. They were married a few months after my dad returned from Vietnam, and I was born about 10 months later. I was a happy only child until David came along three years later {hee hee!}.

I tag Paula, Linda and KB. Anyone else want to play along?

1 comment:

KB said...

Oh Man, I LOVE Intervention. It's fascinating. That girl Crissy lives in my neighborhood. Jenifer from Textile Fetish tagged me to do this a few months ago and I tagged you too, I guess you didn't see it?