9.23.2008

I love Mondays

Monday is my favorite day now. I drop Malayna at preschool {more on that later}, come home and enjoy two whole hours of free time. Yahoo! Yesterday I spent that time in the studio and got two orders out the door. I even made a list Sunday night so I wouldn't waste any time wondering what to do. It felt great to be able to check multiple items off my to-do list. I'm hoping that I can keep up the pace and that Mondays stay a productive day.

Yesterday was also a good day for Malayna - the first day she didn't cry when I dropped her off at preschool! On Friday she came home with an award for "being brave". We talked about it over the weekend and Jimmy and I told her how proud of her we are. There's another little boy in her class who cries when his mom leaves {I'll call him N}. Malayna and I talk about him and I often ask her who cried longer. She always says he did.

N's mom kind of snuck out yesterday when he wasn't looking. When he realized she was gone, he kind of wandered around the classroom blinking his eyes and tried not to cry. I heard him say, "I didn't know that was going to happen!" Poor little guy! He came over to where Malayna was doing a puzzle on the floor, and stood watching her. She looked up at him and said, "You miss your mommy." He said, "Yes, I do." I said something to him about how he was being brave, he agreed and we gave each other a high five. Then Malayna got up, went over to the toy shelf and picked out a puzzle for him. When she gave it to him he got a big smile on his face and said, "I LOVE puzzles!" He and Malayna took their puzzles to the table, sat next to each other, and laughed at N being silly.

I crouched down behind them and said, "N, did you get an award for being brave?" {Malayna told me he got one on Friday, too.} He said yes, and I said, "You're both going to be brave again today!" They both said yes, I said goodbye and gave Malayna a kiss. She waved her little hand and said, "bye!"

Keep your fingers crossed for another tear-free day on Wednesday!

No comments: