10.23.2008

New York, here I come


Exciting news! In January of next year, I will be participating in the Printsource NY show. It's the opportunity I talked about here. Jan of Daisy Janie and I will be sharing a small booth and lending each other support. It will be the first time I'll be away from Malayna overnight. For three nights. I'm trying not to think about that part too much! I know she'll be fine {Jimmy is taking a mini-vacation from work}, but I also know that we're going to miss each other.

From their website: "Printsource is the cornerstone event for thousands of apparel, paper goods and home textile manufacturers and retailers." What that means is that I'll go to the show with my surface designs and retailers and manufacturers will buy them. At least that's what I'm hoping! Even if I don't sell anything, it will be worth it just for the connections and the experience of doing this kind of show.

So for the next few months I will be busy creating new patterns, organizing my collections and trying not to think about leaving Malayna for three days!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think my friend Janalee and her business partner are also attending this show ... they design funny cards ("Ma! Motherhood With Attitude") - I'll check and maybe you two can meet up!
k.